There can be a number of reasons why people take a break from their therapy sessions, so it’s good for your therapist to know a little bit more so he or she can help you.
Some reasons people stop talking can be:
- Something feels challenging to talk about.
- Something your therapist has said is having an impact on you.
- Maybe even your therapist said something you did not like, for whatever reason.
- Life is busy and stressful.
- You are not sure what to say or where to go from here.
- You are not sure if therapy feels like it is working or you are getting what you need.
Whatever the reason, things come up in therapy, and it’s important to talk about them. Your therapist is there for you and has experience at working past these kinds of things.
As therapists, we want to be understanding and help at finding a solution. Let’s talk about it. We want to help.